Sunday, May 8, 2011

"The Vikings": A story based on "Smoke On the Water" by Deep Purple, as suggested by musician Kristian Dunn of El Ten Eleven (33/100)

The Vikings

AVAILABLE IN THE COLLECTION SHAKE AWAY THESE CONSTANT DAYS, AVAILABLE NOW THROUGH JERSEY DEVIL PRESS.

**********



Lyrics

Deep Purple are playing at a state fair near you.

Kristian Dunn is the guitarist/bassist for the band El Ten Eleven. I think he suggested Deep Purple as a joke (I actually love Deep Purple), but he's a killer musician, so it's all right. If I could work a loop pedal half as well as him, I'd be in heaven. I still wouldn't be able to write songs as well as he does, but I'd have a foot up, at least.

"My Only Swerving" from the album El Ten Eleven

"I Like Van Halen Because My Sister Says They Are Cool" from the album These Promises Are Being Videotaped

"Indian Winter"
from the album It's Still Like A Secret


Become a fan of Our Band Could Be Your Lit on Facebook.

Contribute your own story to Our Band Could Be Your Lit.

Next week: I take a break from OBCBYL to finish a manuscript, but it keeps on rolling with guest posts by Samuel Snoek-Brown.

Click the button below to submit this story to the StumbleUpon search engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment