Sunday, February 13, 2011

In the Van: "Carbon": A story based on "Adam Raised A Cain" by Bruce Springsteen

There's a story this week, but it's only tangentially related to the overall Our Band Could Be Your Lit Project. What's happening is that the good folks over at Jersey Devil Press have this new feature they're doing called Brilliant Disguise, in which a story is written about a couple lines from a Bruce Springsteen song. I'm rather outspoken on my thorough dislike of The Boss, but my overwhelming love for JDP trumps it, and my story, "Carbon," was accepted with smiles all around (I hope).

So, go to the Jersey Devil Press website and surf around for a bit. If you want to go right to my story, it's right here. I'm sending all the traffic their way, so if you want to read this one, you're going to have to venture into the digital Garden State.

(In the meantime, check out this live version of "Adam Raised A Cain." It's the only Springsteen song I like, so it made picking some lines from it easy. Keep your ears peeled for the lines, "He was standin' in the door, I was standin' in the rain / With the same hot blood burning in our veins.")




Become a fan of Our Band Could Be Your Lit on Facebook.

Contribute your own story to Our Band Could Be Your Lit.

Next week: A story based on "Smile & Wave" by The Headstones, as suggested by writer Tim Trenkle.

Click the button below to submit this story to the StumbleUpon search engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment